(28 February 1861 - 22 December 1928), ID# 45
Frank Stickland|b. 28 Feb 1861\nd. 22 Dec 1928|p45.htm|John Frederick Stickland|b. 1824 or 1825\nd. 25 Mar 1888|p84.htm|Elizabeth Joy|b. 3 Aug 1825\nd. 29 Oct 1901|p85.htm|John Stickland|b. 18 May 1794\nd. b 1848|p363.htm|Harriot E. (?)||p364.htm|John Joy|b. c 1776\nd. 1846|p196.htm|Elizabeth Anderton|b. c 1786|p197.htm|
|Father||John Frederick Stickland2,3,1,4 (1824 or 1825 - 25 Mar 1888)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Joy2,1,4 (3 Aug 1825 - 29 Oct 1901)|
Frank Stickland, son of John Frederick Stickland and Elizabeth Joy, was born on 28 February 1861 in Verwood, Cranborne, Dorset.2,1,5 He was baptised on 29 March 1861, on Good Friday, at St Michael and All Angels' Chapel, Verwood, Dorset.6
Frank was the fifth of seven children. His siblings were Elizabeth Jane (b 1849), Ann (b 1851), Mary (b 1853), Fanny (b 1855), Sarah Ellen (b 1866) and Jesse (b 1869).
Frank appeared in the 1861 census of Cranborne, Dorset, at Boveridge Heath, in his parents' household.1
Frank appeared in the 1871 census of Three Legged Cross, Cranborne, Dorset, in his parents' household. He was described as a Scholar.7
Frank appeared in the 1881 census of Three Legged Cross, Cranborne, Dorset, at Silver Street Grocer's Shop, in his parents' household. He was described as a Shop Assistant.4
Frank appeared in the 1891 census of Mile End Old Town, Stepney, London, at 56 Myrdle Street. Frank was described as an unmarried Constable in the Metropolitan Police, a Boarder in the household of Lawyer George House, together with two other police constables.8
In 1893, Frank was a Policeman.3
Frank Stickland married Jane Harris, daughter of Matthew Harris and Charlotte Martin, after Banns, according to the rites and ceremonies of the Established Church on 25 November 1893 at St John's Church, Highbury, Islington, London. The marriage was conducted by A W Gough MA. Their witnesses were Edward Henry Corbett and Anne Corbett.3
Frank registered the birth of his daughter Hilda Stickland in 1897 at 82 Hazlebury Road in Fulham. He gave his occupation then as Police Constable.5,9
Frank and Jane appeared in the 1901 census of Belvedere, Erith, Kent, at 2 Beadonwell Road. Frank was described as a Police Constable. Their children Hilda, Frederick Frank and Elsie were listed as living with them.5
Frank and Jane appeared in the 1911 census of West Moors, Wimborne, Dorset. Frank was described as a Police Pensioner. Their children Frederick Frank, Elsie, Hilda and Jack were listed as living with them.10
Frank Stickland died on 22 December 1928, aged 67, in West Moors, West Parley, Dorset, at Longhope. The cause of death was given as kidney disease.11 He was buried on 26 December 1928 in St Mary's Churchyard, West Moors.12
Children with Jane Harris
- Frederick Frank Stickland 5
- Elsie Stickland 5
- Hilda Stickland+ 13,5 (22 Mar 1897 - 7 Jul 1983)
- Jack Stickland 10
|Charts||Ancestors of Hilda Stickland|
Descendants of Thomas Stickley/Stickland
- Online image of the 1861 Census for England, Dorset, Wimborne, Cranborne, GRO ref: RG 9/1335.
- Copy birth certificate of Frank Stickland, born 1861, Wimborne (Cranborne) (Registrar General for England and Wales, vol 5a, page 268, entry 460).
- Copy marriage certificate of Frank Stickland and Jane Harris, married 1893, Islington (Registrar General for England and Wales, vol 1b, page 395, entry 299).
- Online image of the 1881 Census for England, Dorset, Wimborne, Cranborne, GRO ref: RG 11/2090.
- Online image of the 1901 Census for England, Kent, Dartford, Bexley, GRO ref: RG 13/700.
- Transcript of the Baptisms of Cranborne (Verwood Chapel), 1859 - 1880 (Verwood Historical Society, http://www.verwoodhistorical.org).
- Online image of the 1871 Census for England, Dorset, Wimborne, Cranborne, GRO ref: RG 10/1980.
- Online image of the 1891 Census for England, London, Mile End Old Town, Mile End Old Town Western, GRO ref: RG 12/301.
- Copy birth certificate of Hilda Stickland, born 1897, Fulham (Registrar General for England and Wales, vol 1a, page 352, entry 318).
- Online image of the 1911 Census for England, Dorset, Wimborne, Wimborne, GRO ref: RG14/12249.
- Copy death certificate of Frank Stickland, died 1928, Wimborne (Registrar General for England and Wales, vol 5a, page 249, entry 391).
- E-mail from Andrew Rowland (Vicar, West Moors) to Alison O'Neill, dated 01 May 2007.
- Copy marriage certificate of John Albert Davis and Hilda Stickland, married 1920, Wimborne (Registrar General for England and Wales, vol 5, page 713, entry 29).
Please note that the information in this section of the site is for my direct ancestors only. Basic facts for the wider connections of my ancestors can be found in the Database section. To contact me, please use the link in the footer. Thank you!